Thursday, August 21, 2008

This and That...

Well, I've been back to work for a week now and I wish I could say that I'm so happy to be back, but not so much. It's not that I don't enjoy my job. I actually love teaching and am looking forward to the school year. But, I do miss Xavier during the day. And, I hate the hassle of pumping. Xavier and the grandparents are doing well which has been a big relief. Whoo! He's been eating well, sleeping well, and generally in a good mood. I'm so grateful that this is one less stress I have to worry about. Xavier's in good hands, my mom sounds happy to be watching him....Yea!!

Xavier is growing by leaps and bounds. He will be going to his 6 month appointment here shortly. Everyone who sees him thinks that he is way older than what he is. He is a big baby but he is proportionate. At 5 1/2 months, he is wearing 9 month old clothing! My mom has been feeding him cereal and milk and today, he had his first taste of mashed potatoes. Yummy! Of course, he loved it. :)

My friends, Daniel and Bobbie, brought their 7 week old son to work today to show off. He is really cute too. Almost as cute as Xavier. :) As I was holding him and talking with my friends, I just became overwhelmed with emotion and got all teary. I sooooo missed my baby! I wanted to be home with Xavier, kissing him and hugging him. I guess I will have to get used to this roller coaster ride of emotion that is motherhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That roller coaster can be cruel and come at inopportune times. Hang in there.

I'm glad it's working out w/ Grandma.