Aunt Tracy came to visit this past Sunday through Wednesday and fun was had by all. This was the first time that Xavier and Aunt Tracy got to meet and they got along famously. To celebrate Tracy's arrival, my family came over and we enjoyed a nice dinner of enchiladas, guacamole salad, beans, and strawberry creme pie for dessert. Needless to say that weight watchers went pretty much out the window this week! I enjoyed having my best friend from college visit and this visit was especially sweet because she got to love on my baby boy. Xavier is really doing well with eating his cereal and it was fun to watch Aunt Tracy feeding Xavier his yum-yums. One of the cutest moments was when Aunt Tracy went to try to put Xavier down for his nap and when I walk in, she is laughing because Xavier is giving his charming little grin and a look that says, "Oh no Aunt Tracy, I'm not going back to sleep, let's play!"
Speaking of sleep, sleep training has been basically thrown out the window, but we have pushed Xavier's bed time back by 30 minutes and so far have seen a big improvement in his sleeping. Last night he only woke up at 11:30 and then at 5:00 and promptly went back to sleep each time. Yea!!!! This has been pretty consistent the since the beginning of the week and I hope that I'm not jinxing ourselves by talking about it now. The other thing is that I have decided to not fight with him during his naps. I think that he is getting a good night's sleep at night and may not be as tired during the day, so I let him take his cat naps and then we both lay down on the couch in the late afternoon and take a nap together. My goal is to continue that even when I am working because I know that I will be dog tired when I start back. I'll be looking forward to that cuddle time when I get home from work.
Thanks Aunt Tracy for being such a blessing to me and my family! Love ya girl!!

2 comments:
No, thank YOU! My baby-therapy summer tour wouldn't have been the same without a stop to see the Mehaffey/Williams crew. Heck, I even had a bonding moment with Annie! Love, Aunt Tracy.
Post a Comment